In compliance with State regulations regarding the distribution of paper brochures all schedules have been removed from PVTA vehicles and common areas. Schedules are available online at the PVTA website and are available upon request at PVTA customer service centers.
Fare collection has resumed for all PVTA service.
Front-door boarding has resumed in the Springfield and Northampton service areas. Rear-door-only boarding will remain in effect in the UMass service area.
Columbus Day is Monday, October 12
Springfield and Northampton area buses will operate on a Sunday Service schedule. UMass will be operating Regular service.
Fall Schedule Updates
UMass Transit Route Updates - Effective Monday, August 24
- R29: View R29 schedule
- 30: View 30 schedule
- 31: View 31 schedule
- 33: View 33 schedule
- 34/35 Notice: Bus service to the Orchard Hill and Upper Central Residential Areas is suspended until further notice. Use the Chestnut Street and Village Park bus stops on East Pleasant Street.
- 34: View 34 schedule
- 35: View 35 schedule
- 38: View 38 schedule
- 39 - No Fall 2020 Service
- 45: View 45 schedule
- 46: View 46 schedule
Springfield Area Route Updates - Effective Sunday, August 30
- The Loop will not operate until further notice.
- G1: There will be a revised weekday schedule with modified departure times and updated travel times between timepoints. There will be no changes to trip frequency or the number of trips. See G1 schedule.
- G3: The 6:05am weekday departure from Union Station has been moved earlier to 5:55am, and the 6:25am weekday departure from Norfolk/Westford has been moved earlier to 6:15am. See G3 schedule.
- R10: The ‘Weekday No School’ schedule will be used on all weekday service days. View the schedule here.
- 10s has been eliminated. Please use R10 for service between Westfield Center and Westfield State University.
- P11 will not operate during Holyoke Community College’s fall semester. Please use B23 or R41 for service to Holyoke Community College.
- R14: See R14 schedule. View R14 map
- There will be a revised weekday timetable with modified departure times and updated travel times between timepoints. There will be no changes to trip frequency or the number of trips.
- Select weekday trips will skip Maple, Bridge, and Walnut Streets to provide faster trips and to maintain one-hour frequency.
- Select weekday trips will skip West Springfield Big Y to provide faster trips and to maintain one-hour frequency.
- All trips on weekdays and Saturdays will use Springfield Street in Agawam in both directions to provide faster, more direct service. Service on North Street and N. Westfield Street has been eliminated. However, limited service to Country View Estates is maintained.
Northampton Area Route Updates - Effective Sunday, September 6
- B48 buses does not stop to pick up or drop off passengers between Stop & Shop and Holyoke Transit Center (HTC)
This change is being made to reduce overcrowding on B48 buses while ensuring that riders needing essential services may still obtain them. Additionally, passengers who travel to the end of the line will not be allowed to take the same bus to return to the beginning of the line. We apologize for any inconvenience.
- Between HTC & Stop & Shop, only the stops listed below is serviced.
- To HTC: Stop & Shop & HTC
- To Northampton: HTC, Lyman/Elm, & McNulty Park/Stop & Shop
- Click here to view a poster of this notice.
- Survival Center Shuttle: Not operating until Survival Center resumes normal operation.
- 39 and 39E are not operating for Fall 2020.
- B43 ends on Monday-Wednesday times on all weekday service days, and ends earlier on Saturdays as shown below:
Last Bus From Smith College Amherst College Mon. – Wed. 10:45 PM 11:30 PM Thursday 10:45 PM 11:30 PM Friday 10:45 PM 11:30 PM Saturday 11:00 PM 11:40 PM Sunday (No change) 9:30 PM 10:10 PM
- B43 Express trips are now on their own route: B43E. Trip departure times and locations are unchanged. Please use the B43 schedule to view the B43E express trip information.