In compliance with State regulations regarding the distribution of paper brochures all schedules have been removed from PVTA vehicles and common areas. Schedules are available online at the PVTA website and are available upon request at PVTA customer service centers.
Fare collection has resumed for all PVTA service.
To better maintain distance between passengers and enhance safety when boarding and dismounting the bus, all passengers will board the bus via the front door, and exit the bus via the rear door.
Springfield Area Routes
Summer Service Modifications: Starting Sunday, June 27, 2021
- Starting June 27, 2021, P20E will be replaced by G73E, providing express service between Springfield Union Station and Holyoke Mall with extended service to Northampton Academy of Music.
- New Route! G73E Springfield-Northampton Express:
- Express service via I-91 connecting Springfield Union Station, Holyoke Mall, and Northampton Academy of Music
- Hourly service between Springfield and Northampton (35-minute travel time)
- Half-hourly service between Springfield and Holyoke Mall (15-minute travel time)
- Operates weekdays and Saturdays
- View Details Opens in a new window
- Travel time has been reduced between Union Station and West Springfield Big Y on weekdays to improve schedule reliability. This also results in modified arrival and departure times at Feeding Hills Center, and modified arrival times at Pheasant Hill Apts and Springfield Union Station.
- The Big E is no longer a timepoint; however, all trips will continue to service all stops on Memorial Ave.
- P21E: Service via Chestnut St has been discontinued; all trips will travel directly to I-91 from Springfield Union Station.
- R29: Weekday trips have been extended to start/end at Springfield Union Station, offering a direct trip between Springfield and Amherst via Holyoke.
Other ongoing modifications:
The Plainfield / Wason timepoint is removed. However, all trips continue to serve stops near the intersection of Plainfield Street and Wason Avenue. The 5:55 am weekday departure from
Plainfield / Wasonwill be moved to 50 Wason Avenue. View B4 schedule. View B4 map.
- The Loop will not operate until further notice.
- OWL will not operate until further notice, effective Monday, November 9.
- R10: The ‘Weekday No School’ schedule will be used on all weekday service days. View the schedule here.
- 10s has been eliminated. Please use R10 for service between Westfield Center and Westfield State University.
- P11 will not operate until further notice. Please use B23 or R41 for service to Holyoke Community College
- R14: Updated weekday timetable with revised departure times for improved schedule reliability, including more afternoon service to West Springfield Big Y. Click here for the updated schedule.
UMass Transit Summer Reduced Information
Starting May 13, 2021, the following routes have updated schedules:
Routes 34, 35, 38, 39 do not run during summer session.
Northampton Area Route
B43 Summer No-School Service began Sunday, May 16th
- B48 buses does not stop to pick up or drop off passengers between Stop & Shop and Holyoke Transit Center (HTC)
This change is being made to reduce overcrowding on B48 buses while ensuring that riders needing essential services may still obtain them. Additionally, passengers who travel to the end of the line will not be allowed to take the same bus to return to the beginning of the line. We apologize for any inconvenience.
- Between HTC & Stop & Shop, only the stops listed below is serviced.
- To HTC: Stop & Shop & HTC
- To Northampton: HTC, Lyman/Elm, & McNulty Park/Stop & Shop
- Click here to view a poster of this notice.
- Survival Center Shuttle: Not operating until Survival Center resumes normal operation.