Paper Schedules: In compliance with State regulations regarding the distribution of paper brochures, all schedules have been removed from PVTA vehicles and common areas. Schedules are available online at the PVTA website and are available upon request at PVTA customer service centers.
Fare collection has resumed for all PVTA service.
To better maintain distance between passengers and enhance safety when boarding and dismounting the bus, all passengers will board the bus via the front door, and exit the bus via the rear door.
Springfield Area Routes
Fall Service Updates Effective Sunday, August 29
- WSU Shuttle: Service resumes on Thursday, September 2nd, with a new schedule operating between Scanlon Hall, Horace Mann Center, Westfield Center, and Stop & Shop from 6:30am to 5:30pm.
See WSU schedule.
- Service to Horace Mann Center coincides with class times, from 7:50am to 4:10pm.
- Supplements existing service on R10 between Westfield Center and Westfield State University.
- Operates weekdays only when WSU classes are in session.
- P11: Service resumes Tuesday, September 7. See P11 schedule
Ongoing schedule changes:
- The Loop will not operate until further notice.
- R10: The ‘Weekday No School’ schedule will be used on all weekday service days. View the schedule here.
- 10s has been eliminated. Please use WSU Shuttle or R10 for service between Westfield Center and Westfield State University.
- P20E is replaced by G73E, providing express service between Springfield Union Station and Holyoke Mall with extended service to Northampton Academy of Music.
- Travel time has been reduced between Union Station and West Springfield Big Y on weekdays to improve schedule reliability. This also results in modified arrival and departure times at Feeding Hills Center, and modified arrival times at Pheasant Hill Apts and Springfield Union Station.
- The Big E is no longer a timepoint; however, all trips will continue to service all stops on Memorial Ave.
- See R14 Schedule Opens in a new window
- See Updated R14 Map Opens in a new window
- New Route! G73E Springfield-Northampton Express:
- Express service via I-91 connecting Springfield Union Station, Holyoke Mall, and Northampton Academy of Music
- Hourly service between Springfield and Northampton (35-minute travel time)
- Half-hourly service between Springfield and Holyoke Mall (15-minute travel time)
- Operates weekdays and Saturdays
- See G73E Schedule Opens in a new window
- Service via Chestnut St has been discontinued; all trips will travel directly to I-91 from Springfield Union Station.
- See P21E Schedule Opens in a new window
- See Updated P21E Map Opens in a new window
UMass Transit Information
Fall Service information effective Wednesday, September 1st:
- 30: Every 20 minutes during day M-F, every 30 minutes at night, every 30-60 minutes on weekends. Rt. 30 Fall Schedule
- 31: Every 20 minutes during day M-F, every 25-35 minutes at night, every 40-70 minutes on weekends. Rt. 31 Fall Schedule
- 33: No changes.
- 34: Every 22 minutes during day M-F, no service at night or on weekends.Rt. 34 Fall Schedule
- 35: Every 22 minutes during day M-F, every 40 minutes at night and on weekends. Rt. 35 Fall Schedule
- 36: Only operates during Reduced Service
- 38: Every 30 minutes during day M-F, every 40 minutes at night and on Saturday, every 80 min on Sunday. Rt. 38 Fall Schedule
- 39: Not running until further notice.
- 45: No changes from last semester.
- 46: Slight timetable adjustments compared to last semester.
Northampton Area Route
Fall Service effective Sunday, September 5:
- 39E: Service resumes on Tuesday, September 7.
See Rt 39E schedule.
- B43: Full service schedules resume on Sunday, September 5.
See B43 schedule.
- B43E: Service resumes on Tuesday, September 7.
Ongoing service information:
- B48 buses does not stop to pick up or drop off passengers between Stop & Shop and Holyoke Transit Center (HTC)
This change is being made to reduce overcrowding on B48 buses while ensuring that riders needing essential services may still obtain them. Additionally, passengers who travel to the end of the line will not be allowed to take the same bus to return to the beginning of the line. We apologize for any inconvenience.
- Between HTC & Stop & Shop, only the stops listed below is serviced.
- To HTC: Stop & Shop & HTC
- To Northampton: HTC, Lyman/Elm, & McNulty Park/Stop & Shop
- Click here to view a poster of this notice.
- Survival Center Shuttle: Not operating until Survival Center resumes normal operation.
Enhanced Ware-Palmer Route
PVTA, in partnership with the Quaboag Connector, is enhancing service on the Ware-Palmer Route started July 6, 2021.
- Increases the number of round trips (from 1 to 2) to Eastfield Mall. A morning and afternoon trip will be provided.
- Provides 4 trips (instead of 3 trips) to Three Rivers.
- Adds service down Park Steet to Dollar General and back via South Main Street 4 times daily.
- Increases round trips between Palmer Big Y and Ware Walmart from 4pm to 7pm.
- Adds service to Bondsville. with 4 trips to Bondsville daily.
- Provides enhanced service to Ware Center.
- Provides same day flex route service along the flex route.
- Click here to view the updated Ware-Palmer schedule.
- Click here to view the new map.
- The Flex Route will provide service within ¾ mile of the fixed route
- Riders must call at least 2 hours in advance of the requested trip.
- Riders will be picked up at the most accessible location near the trips point of origin.
- Service cannot be provided on one way streets, where the vehicle cannot turn around, on streets that are too narrow, or where navigating the road presents challenges.
- Flex Rides must fit within the route’s existing schedule and rider capacity.