Advertising Frequently Asked Questions
PVTA offers interior advertisements, full bus wraps, and five (5) exterior sign types:
- King 144”L x 30”H (side of bus)
- Queen 108”L x 30”H (side of bus)
- Princess 88”L x 30”H (side of bus)
- Royal 60”L x 30”H (side of bus)
- Tail 50”L x 17”H (back of bus)
The Advertiser is responsible for providing the
finished advertisement signs to PVTA.
Contact us for more information.
Advertising rates listed are net cost, and are per (1) advertisement frame on one (1) side of the bus.
Yes. Rates listed on rate sheet are the same no matter the garage.
Yes. PVTA offers a 5% discount off the advertised rates listed on the Advertising Rate and Material Specification sheet to non-profit organizations. Non-profit discount does not apply to discounted rates and only applies to actual non-profit organization. Discount does not apply to advertising/marketing agencies.
Advertisement run times can vary from weeks, to months, to years. Advertising Rates are listed per sign for one (1) month.
Can I advertise out of more than one PVTA garage?
Yes. The advertiser is responsible for having signs delivered to each PVTA garage location.
No. PVTA buses are not assigned to a specific route and change routes which they operate on a daily basis.
Advertisers are able to target cities and towns to advertise based upon the PVTA garage the advertisement out of; Springfield area garage, Northampton area garage, & UMass Amherst communities each garage serves. Contact us for more information.
Does PVTA offer any other types of advertising?
No. PVTA only offers advertising on the exterior & interior of buses.
All exterior advertisements need to arrive at PVTA’s garage printed/mounted on Coroplast material. Interior advertisements need to be printed on .030 styrene.
Rates can be found on the Advertising Rate & Material Specification sheet.
Material & size specifications can be found on PVTA’s Advertising Rate & Material Specification sheet.
Showings can be found on PVTA’s Showings & Service Area Information sheet.
For information on Impressions, contact us for more information..
The address of the PVTA garage your advertisement should be delivered to for installation is listed on your PVTA
- Springfield Garage: PVTA Garage, Attn: Advertising (contract #), 2840 Main Street, Springfield, MA 01107
- Northampton Garage: PVTA Garage, Attn: Advertising (contract #), 54 Industrial Dr., Northampton, MA 01060
- UMass Amherst Garage: PVTA Garage, Attn: Advertising (contract #), 255 Governor’s Dr., Amherst, MA 01003
Yes. Whether advertisement is mailed or hand delivered, PVTA’s contract number from your PVTA advertising contract must be listed on delivery packaging or on the back of advertisement(s).
Contact PVTA’s advertising manager to make arrangements to get advertisement(s) to the proper garage.
Loss of run time due to creative delays or delivery issues may be made up if space permits. Advertiser is responsible for making sure advertisement(s) arrive at proper PVTA garage facility by advertisement due date listed on PVTA advertising contract.
Advertisements must arrive at proper PVTA garage facility at least one (1) week prior to contract start date.
Yes. PVTA will hold advertisements for a maximum of 30 days from the end date on the contract. Advertiser is responsible for picking up advertisements within that 30 day period.
Read the Guidelines Regulating PVTA Advertising. Content is subject to PVTA’s approval.
The more notice you give PVTA that you want to advertise, the better. PVTA requires at least one (1) week notice prior to the contract start date.
PVTA may hold space temporarily as a courtesy but advertising space is not guaranteed until there is a signed contract by the Advertising Manager as well as the Advertiser. Advertising space is filled by signed Advertising Contract on a first come first serve basis.
Invoices are mailed out on a monthly basis.
No. Advertiser’s can run as many or as few advertisements as they choose.
PVTA will send you a photo of your installed advertisement during your ad's run time.
Yes. There is a charge of $5 per sign for all creative changes.
- Determine your budget
- Contact PVTA to check availability of advertisement space
- Obtain production costs from advertising vendor
- Determine size, quantity, and number of months to run advertisement(s)
- Contact PVTA to draw up contract
- Send art to production facility and have Coroplast or Styrene advertisements delivered to proper PVTA Garage facility (address listed on advertising contract)
- Return signed contract to PVTA
- Advertisements will be installed in accordance with start date on contract
- A proof of performance photo will be emailed to you
Who can I contact for more information?
Pioneer Valley Transit Authority
2808 Main Street, Springfield, MA 01107