The Customer Service window at Union Station and the Holyoke Transit Center have modified hours now operating from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m.
ADA in person eligibility determination is being conducted via the phone.
PVTA and Covid-19In a continuing effort to protect the health and safety of PVTA’s customers and workforce, and to preserve transit services to all, PVTA is asking anyone who travels to wear a medical or cloth mask to cover their mouth and nose while on-board public transit to help prevent the spread of Covid-19.
To protect our passengers;
- PVTA has instituted a daily procedure of cleaning vehicles with disinfectants. We have increased the amount of time and attention our maintenance departments spend cleaning each vehicle.
- PVTA has acquired new disinfecting systems that allow us to disinfect each vehicle more frequently.
- PVTA drivers continue to clean high contact areas of the vehicle throughout their shifts, and we continue to provide them with sanitizer, gloves, and disinfecting wipes to use on the vehicle.
To protect our drivers, barriers have been installed and driver space and fare boxes are disinfected daily. Personal protection equipment and sanitizing wipes are available to all drivers.
Passengers are encouraged to participate in helping to limit the spread of this virus by:
- Maintaining distance between each other whenever possible while riding
- Limiting seating in the wheelchair accessible seats for the elderly and disabled only
- Not littering or leaving any waste behind when you leave the vehicle
- Not riding around without a destination. At the end of the line, you will be asked to deboard the bus
- Not using public transportation if you are experiencing any Covid-19 symptoms (cough, fever, shortness of breath) or have been in contact with someone that tested positive.
Help keep our driver’s healthy so we can continue to provide essential service to everyone that depends on public transit. PVTA monitors ridership and makes service adjustments based on guidance from public health professionals to support social distancing and slow the spread of COVID-19.
- PVTA’s previously posted Covid-19 Information
- PVTA Press Release from April 16, 2020 in regard to the Sound the Horn for Heroes #SoundTheHorn
- PVTA Press Release from April 9, 2020 in regard to the PVTA Drivers and Covid-19
- PVTA Press Release from March 23, 2020 in regard to the PVTA response to Covid-19