Masks Update: April 19, 2022
The Order requiring masks on public transportation conveyances and at transportation hubs is no longer in effect. As a result, PVTA will no longer require passengers to wear a mask while on-board PVTA vehicles. Masks are optional and we encourage everyone to respect the choices that individuals will make about their own masking.
The Customer Service window at Union Station and the Holyoke Transit Center is operating from 9 a.m. to 4:45 p.m.
ADA in person eligibility determination is being conducted via the phone.
PVTA and Covid-19
To protect our passengers;
- PVTA has upgraded our vehicle air filtration systems.
- PVTA has instituted a daily procedure of cleaning vehicles with disinfectants. We have increased the amount of time and attention our maintenance departments spend cleaning each vehicle.
- PVTA has acquired new disinfecting systems that allow us to disinfect each vehicle more frequently.
To protect our drivers, barriers have been installed and driver space and fare boxes are disinfected daily. Personal protection equipment and sanitizing wipes are available to all drivers.
Passengers are encouraged to participate in helping to limit the spread of this virus by:
- Maintaining distance between each other whenever possible while riding
- Limiting seating in the wheelchair accessible seats for the elderly and disabled only
- Not littering or leaving any waste behind when you leave the vehicle
- Not riding around without a destination. At the end of the line, you will be asked to deboard the bus
- Not using public transportation if you are experiencing any Covid-19 symptoms (cough, fever, shortness of breath) or have been in contact with someone that tested positive.
Help keep our driver’s healthy so we can continue to provide essential service to everyone that depends on public transit. PVTA monitors ridership and makes service adjustments based on guidance from public health professionals to support social distancing and slow the spread of COVID-19.
- PVTA Press Release from April 16, 2020 in regard to the Sound the Horn for Heroes #SoundTheHorn
- PVTA Press Release from April 9, 2020 in regard to the PVTA Drivers and Covid-19
- PVTA Press Release from March 23, 2020 in regard to the PVTA response to Covid-19