Public Records Request
The Commonwealth of Massachusetts' Public Records Law requires that public entities and municipalities respond to all requests for public information in a timely fashion. It is also required that guidelines be posted on websites and that categories of public records maintained by public entities be listed. To comply with this law, the PVTA has created applicable guidelines and procedures. In addition, a number of PVTA documents are provided on this website.
Records Access Officer (RAO)
2808 Main Street
Springfield, MA 01107
-OR- FAX: (413) 737-2954
-OR- Use the form below:
Requests for public records may be made orally, in person, or in writing (letter, FAX, contact form). Voicemail requests will not be accepted.
A reasonable description of the document(s) requested should be provided to the RAO. Requests must be for records in the possession of the PVTA and must be focused and specific. All requests should include the name of the requestor, contact information such as a mailing address, phone number, and email address. If in writing, the request should be signed and dated.
The requestor will be notified within ten (10) days whether the request seeks copies of disclosable public records in the possession of the PVTA. In most cases, the request will be processed within ten (10) business days.
The PVTA may invoke an extension of time to produce records to comply with a request, if:
a) the requested information is located off-site;
b) the request involves the examination and reproduction of a voluminous number of records;
c) consultation with another agency, municipality, or branch of government having substantial interest in the request is required.
The PVTA will adhere to the fee schedule allowed by the Commonwealth of Massachusetts for complying with public records requests. The current rates include:
- Five (5) cents for black and white prints and/or copies.
- Staff time after the first four (4) hours for compiling, segregating, redacting, and reproducing records. These charges are subject to the approval of the Commonwealth’s Supervisor of Records and cannot exceed $25 per hour or the lowest paid worker with the skills necessary to do such work.
Available Public Records
The following documents are available on this website:
- PVTA Business Opportunities
- Annual Reports
- Advisory Board Meeting Minutes
- Finance and Audit Sub-commitee Meeting Minutes
- Paratransit Sub-commitee Meeting Minutes
- Route Sub-commitee Meeting Minutes