Bicycles on Buses
LOADING Your Bicycle
- Remove all loose items such as water bottles, air pumps, flags, bags, etc. before loading.
- Always load and unload bike from the curbside, never from the traffic lane.
- After the bus comes to a complete stop and you are sure that the bus driver sees you, move to the bike rack located on the front of the bus.
- REMEMBER, make eye contact with driver!
- Squeeze up on the release handle that is located in the middle of the rack and lower the rack from its upright position.
- Lift bike onto the rack, positioned closest to the bus, wheel slots are clearly labeled for front and back tires.
- Raise the support arm over the top of your bike’s front tire so the hook rests next to the brakes.
- DO NOT LOCK YOUR BIKE TO THE RACK.
- Board the bus and pay your fare.
Unloading Your Bicycle
- As the bus approaches your stop, inform the driver that you will be unloading your bike. Use the front door to exit the bus. Unload your bike from the curb-side only.
- Raise the support arm off the front tire and fold it down to its original position. Lift the bike off the rack.
- If the rack is empty, fold the rack into the upright position by squeezing the release handle.
- Step away from the bus to the curb with your bike. Wait until the bus pulls away. Never proceed directly in front of the bus into traffic.