Passenger Etiquette and Safety Rules
The PVTA wants all passengers to enjoy a safe and comfortable ride. Please observe the following rules when riding the bus.
- No eating, drinking or smoking while riding the bus.
- Please stay seated to avoid falling when the bus starts or stops.
- Rude, hateful, discriminatory or derogatory language is prohibited.
- Threatening passenger or PVTA employees is prohibited.
- Physical or violent behavior towards passenger or PVTA employees is prohibited.
- Vandalism or destruction of PVTA or other passengers property is prohibited.
- Any actions that result in delaying a vehicle for more than 5 minutes will be considered a serious disruption of service are prohibited.
- Any actions that result in requiring a bus to be removed from service for cleaning are prohibited.
- Do not block exits or stand forward of the yellow or white line.
- Side-facing seats in the front are reserved for senior citizens and persons with disabilities.
- Please keep children seated at all times.
- Children under 6 years of age or under ride for free but must be accompanied by an adult. This guideline applies to both fixed route and ADA service.
- Folding bikes are allowed on PVTA buses and must be kept out of the aisle.
- Strollers and grocery carts must be folded and kept out of the aisle.
- Service animals are allowed on the floor, pets are not allowed on the bus.
- Electronic devises that could disturb others must be used with headphones.
- Shirts and shoes must be worn on the bus.
- No large items (skis, bicycles etc) are allowed on the bus.
- Items brought on board such as backpacks, bags, suit cases, etc. must be stored in the passengers lap or underneath the seat. Items must be kept out of the aisle and these items are not allowed to be stored on other seats on the bus.
How to Ride Read about How to Ride the Bus
Bike Racks Read about bike racks...